|154401||IFC – Group A||2 Ü||Mo 08:30 – 10:00||digital||Rankin|
|154402||IFC – Group B||2 Ü||Mo 12:15 – 13:45||digital||Stutz|
|154403||IFC – Group C||2 Ü||Di 08:30 – 10:00||digital||Soni|
|154404||IFC – Group D||2 Ü||Di 10:15 – 11:45||digital||Rankin|
|154405||IFC – Group E||2 Ü||Di 12:15 – 13:45||digital||Stutz|
|154406||IFC – Group F||2 Ü||Mi 12:15 – 13:45||digital||Hamblock|
|154407||IFC – Group G||2 Ü||Fr 08:30 – 10:00||digital||Soni|
|154408||IFC – Group H||2 Ü||Fr 10:15 – 11:45||digital||Soni|
The aim of these courses is to provide systematic and interconnected language training. Hence, all IFCs will contain elements of grammar practice, mistakes recognition, and some discussions.
A brief video introduction to the course and your teachers in the WS20/21 is also available: here.
Teaching Modality WS20/21
The IFC courses will be taught digitally in the Wintersemester 2020/2021
The IFC courses will be principally taught synchronously (that is, live-but-not-in-person) using Zoom. There will also be an asynchronous component to the course, which will include work to be done independently.
What You Need
- Webcam: Since this course is being taught digitally, a webcam is the most useful way of interacting in class.
- Zoom, the video conferencing software, available through the university here. Login with your university account.
- Swan’s Practical English Usage. You will have reading assignments from this book each week so it is important for you to obtain a copy. We will be using the 4th or international edition (ISBNs: 0194202410, 0194202461, 978-0194202411, and 978-0194202466). Check out the app and other digital options here
- Parkes’s The Mistakes Clinic for German-Speaking Learners of English. Options for purchasing this book will be announced during the first session.
What We Expect
- Email: Check your university email account at least twice a day. Ideally it should be installed on your phone. This is the primary means of communication at the university, so you need to make sure that you are keeping up-to-date with it.
- Homework: Where homework is assigned, you need to complete it by the due date. Often our courses are structured around you completing homework before we can move on to the next topic.
- Zoom Etiquette
- We expect you to have your cameras turned on for the synchronous sessions. As teachers, we rely on the non-verbal feedback from our students to judge whether we are communicating successfully, or whether we need to cover points in a different way. If we can't see you, we have no idea if you're following what we're saying.
- When you join a Zoom session, please login in with your full name.
- Please treat us and your fellow students with the same respect you would in a face-to-face teaching situation (or better).
|Angewandte Sprachwissenschaften/Angewandte Literatur-/Kulturwissenschaften:|
|PO vor WS 16/17:||
|PO ab WS 16/17:||