- Please note: Due to a work obligation I have to move the next Tuesday's office hour to Wednesday, 24 October, 3-4:30 p.m. If this is a problem for you, please e-mail me so we can make a different appointment.
- Between 25 October and 31 October, 2018, my access to e-mail will be very limited. There will be no office hour on October 30, 2018. I apologize for any inconveniences.
- I will be out of town for work-related obligations between November 19 and November 27, 2018. Please understand that it might take me a while to answer your e-mails during this time.
- Due to these obligations I also have to cancel my office hours on November 20 and 27. I will offer an additional office hour on November 29 from 10:30 to 12:00 (noon). You can also contact me to make other appointments before or after my absence.
- Amerikanistik, American Studies
- Urban Cultural Studies, Poetry and Poetry in Translation, Literature and Culture of the American South, African American Studies, (Inter)Cultural Education, Literature and Contextual Family Therapy
- Administration, Supervision and Coordination
- coordinator of the "Berufsfeldpraktikum" in English and American Studies (LABG 2009)
- Academic Exchange, Incoming and Outgoing
- for the Department of English and American Studies, I am the advisor for incoming and outgoing students from and to Bilkent University  as well as Karadeniz Teknik University 
Courses in the WS 18/19
Courses in Past Semesters
- A list of courses in past semesters can be found here.
- "Whitman's Daughters: Female Poets responding to Walt Whitman" (Working Title)
- "'This possible city': Detroit Poetry and Radical Urban Transformation" (Working Title)
- Postdoctoral Research Project (ongoing): "Ruhr/Detroit: Urban Planning and American Cultural Studies"--Research Project in the Framework of the Mercur-Project "Spaces--Communities--Representations: Urban Transformations in the USA" (funded by the MERCATOR Foundation)
- Doctoral Project (abgeschlossen): "Family Secrets: Roots, Memory and Mixed Race Heritage in the Contemporary United States"