Courses in the WS 18/19
Courses in Past Semesters
- A list of courses in past semesters can be found here.
Mr Gordo's Selections
With the money raised in 2009, Mr Gordo has been able to purchase the following essential films for the Video Library
- Wristcutters: A Love Story - A touching romance set in the afterlife, more specifically the afterlife for suicides. Never again will you ask what happens to things that fall under the front seat of the car. Features Will Arnett (Arrested Development) as the messiah. [RB]
- Trick r Treat - A homage to 80's style anthology horror movies. Slightly camp, definitely over the top. Some good laughs and genuine scares. Keep an eye out for True Blood's Anna Paquin. [RB]
- Infestation - Have you ever had a really bad day at work? Of course not, you're students, but if you want to know what life is like out there in the real world, check this film out. Feature's a sterling performance by Ray Wise (Twin Peaks, Dead End). [RB]
- Wasting Away - Sure, we've all seen zombie movies and know the importance of preparation for the forthcoming Zombiepocalypse (date TBA), but have you ever thought about what unlife is like from the zombies' point of view? I didn't think so. Watch this film and find out.
- Zombie Strippers - The title doesn't really say it all. This film is vastly superior in every regard to the atrocious Strippers Vs Zombies. For a start, it's based, somewhat loosely, on Eugene Ionesco's "Rhinoceros". How many other zombie movies can make that claim? Surprisingly well-written and funny. Don't judge a DVD by its cover. [RB]
Video Library Pick of the Week Archive
- An HBO TV series from Alan Ball (creator of Six Feet Under). What would the world be like if vampires revealed their existence to us? Apparently a lot like Buffy the Vampire Slayer but with more gratuitous sex and violence (12.05.10)
- My second favourite Justin Timberlake movie. (23.10.2009)
- My all-time favourite Justin Timberlake movie. (30.01.2009)
- A cautionary tale about the dangers of internet plagiarism. Ladies, this is one to watch with your boyfriends. (08.01.2009)
- The film of the year. A black comedy about two hitmen hiding out in Bruges. Starring Colin Farrel and Brendan Gleeson. Contains some coarse language. (01/12/08)
- Hands down the best movie of 2005. A film noir comedy starring Robert Downey Jr. and Val Kilmer. Also contains important grammar lessons. (24/11/08)
Random Link of the Week Archive
- Dropbox - If, like me, you're not very good about remembering to back up your data, you'll love this service which lets you store 2GB of files online and keeps a local copy on your hard drive. You can even synchonise your files on multiple computers.
- Melb v Coll The video of our successful AFL demonstration match can be downloaded from here for a short time only (yet another use for dropbox).
- Shameless Self-Promotion of the Week
- My Thoughts on the World Cup as reported to Pflichtlektüre.
- Buffy-related video of the Week
- Buffy teaches Edward Cullen some manners An excellent mash-up of BtVS and Twilight, showing how to deal with creepy stalkery vampires.