|154421||WOC: Sitcoms (Group A)||2 Ü||Mo 10:15 – 11:45||digital||Rankin|
|154422||WOC: Sitcoms (Group B)||2 Ü||Di 08:30 – 10:30||digital||Rankin|
|154423||WOC: Political Comedy||2 Ü||Mi 08:30 – 10:30||digital||Soni|
All of these courses – irrespective of their individual content – focus on expression, especially through writing. The emphasis is very clearly on planned and carefully structured writing, concentrating particularly on the argumentative essay. You will also be required to design and implement a group discussion activity within the course.
A brief video introduction to the course and your teachers in the WS20/21 is also available: .
Teaching Modality WS20/21
The WOC courses will be taught digitally in the Wintersemester 2020/2021
The WOC courses will be principally taught synchronously (that is, live-but-not-in-person) using Zoom.
What You Need
- Webcam: Since this course is being taught digitally, a webcam is the most useful way of interacting in class.
- Zoom, the video conferencing software, available through the university here. Login with your university account.
- Microsoft Office. You need full versions of both Powerpoint and Word. You can acquire MS Office for only €5 through the university here. You need to be already logged into the univerisity (e.g. moodle, LSF, etc) in order to access the site for ordering Office.
What We Expect
- Email: Check your university email account at least twice a day. Ideally it should be installed on your phone. This is the primary means of communication at the university, so you need to make sure that you are keeping up-to-date with it.
- Homework: Where homework is assigned, you need to complete it by the due date. Often our courses are structured around you completing homework before we can move on to the next topic. We don't have the time to send around reminder emails, so if you miss two deadlines, you will fail the course.
- Zoom Etiquette
- We expect you to have your cameras turned on for the synchronous sessions. As teachers, we rely on the non-verbal feedback from our students to judge whether we are communicating successfully, or whether we need to cover points in a different way. If we can't see you, we have no idea if you're following what we're saying.
- When you join a Zoom session, please login in with your full name.
- Please treat us and your fellow students with the same respect you would in a face-to-face teaching situation (or better).
|Angewandte Sprachwissenschaften/Angewandte Literatur-/Kulturwissenschaften:|
|PO vor WS 16/17:||
|PO ab WS 16/17:||