|Semester break summer 2021|
Courses in the SS 21
- A list of courses in past semesters can be found here.
My research and teaching focusses on the following topics:
- British cultural studies, with a focus on race, class, and representations of Scottish/Welsh devolution
- Irish studies
- Contemporary British and Irish literature
- Critical Whiteness Studies
- Film studies
- A full overview of my research and publication activity can be found here.
- An interview about my current research project can be found here.
- Course guidance (Studienfachberatung) for Lehramt Englisch. Further info can be found here.
- "Folk Horror as Dark Ecological Allegory in The Wicker Man and Apostle." Journal for the Study of British Cultures 27:2 (2020): 159-172.
- "Crowd(ed) Futures" – a special issue of Coils of the Serpent: Journal for the Study of Contemporary Power (no. 7, 2020).
- "They're Bad People – They Should Suffer: Post-British Crime Films and the Ethics of Retributive Violence", in: Cinema: Journal for the Philosophy of the Moving Image (no. 11, 2019)
- The Intersections of Whiteness, ed. with Evangelia Kindinger (Routledge, 2019)